Truman Student Accounts FAQs

Here are some questions about Truman Student Accounts we often receive from students participating in the TruMACC Transition Program.

In order for parent(s)/others to view and receive your online e-bill, make inquiries on your student account via the telephone, email or in person or make online payments, you must set them up as an authorized user on your student account. If they are not an authorized user on your account, we will not be able to answer specific questions from them and will request they make their inquiries through you.

  1. Go to and log-in. Click the Student Tab at the top.
  2. In the Student Finances section, click on Student Account Suite.
  3. Click on the tab for Authorized Users at the top.
  4. Follow the instructions to enter email addresses for parents/others who need access to on-line bills.

Changes can be made as necessary. Authorized users will be sent email notification of passwords and logins. They are also notified by email when a new statement is posted or when they make a payment through the site. Authorized user’s access is limited to viewing statements and making payments; they have no access to other information on your account. If you do not establish authorized users, you will be responsible for printing and mailing statements to parents/others who need them.

You will be required to fill out and sign the Authorization to Charge to Student Account form provided by the MACC Financial Aid office, so your excess financial aid funds can be sent directly to Truman as a payment and be applied to your Truman student account fees.

Truman has two payment plans. You are automatically placed on the Standard Payment Plan which requires payment in full by the end of the first week of classes at Truman. You can sign up for the Flexible Payment Plan via TruView which allows you to pay in four installments each semester. You are required to pay a minimum of 25% of the balance (less expected financial aid) by the end of the first week of classes. Accounts not paid in full by the final due date each semester – November 15 for fall, April 15 for spring and July 5 for summer – will be assessed a $75 late fee. The Flexible Payment Plan will incur finance charges equal to one-half percent (1/2%) per month or six percent (6%) per year on the unpaid balance. To sign up for the Flexible Payment Plan:

  1. Go to and log-in. Click the Student Tab at the top.
  2. In the Student Finances section, click on Flexible Payment Plan Agreement.
  3. Read the agreement thoroughly and print and retain a copy of the agreement.
  4. Click I Agree at the bottom of the page.

The first bill for each semester is mailed to your permanent address as well as sent via email to your Truman email address (eBill/eStatement). The eBill notification is sent from Bills for the remainder of the semester are posted online/ebill only. You are sent emails to your official Truman email address when bills are ready for viewing each month. You can set up your parents as authorized users (see #1 FAQ above for instructions) so they receive a copy of the eBill notification allowing them to view the bill and pay online.

You have several payment options available to you.

  1. You can pay online via TruView, Student Tab, Student Finances section, click on Student Account Suite, and then click ‘make a payment’. Online payments can be made with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or an electronic check. If you pay online with a credit or debit card, a 2.95% convenience fee is assessed. Electronic check payments do not have a fee associated with them.
  2. Your authorized user(s) can pay online via and click ‘make a payment’.
  3. Payments can be mailed to:
    Truman State University
    Business Office
    McClain Hall 105
    100 E. Normal
    Kirksville, MO 63501-4221Be sure to include the Truman student ID number on the payment.
  4. You can pay at the Cashier Window in McClain Hall 105 with a check, cash or PIN debit. Hours for the Cashiers Window:
    • Monday-Friday, 10 am-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.
    • Summer Hours:  Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.

If you have a credit balance on your student account after all fees have been paid, you can have this refund deposited directly into your checking or saving account. To set this up:

  1. Go to and log-in. Click the Student Tab at the top.
  2. In the Student Finances section, click on Student Account Suite.
  3. Click on the eRefunds tab, click Set up Account, enter your bank account information and save.

The pop-up message when you go on-line to sign up for direct deposit has confused some students. It is meant to cover any bank account information stored, whether for making payments or for depositing funds. Truman will only use your designated account to deposit refunds. We will never withdraw funds from your account unless you specifically use that account information to enter an on-line payment. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, any refund check you may receive will be mailed to your permanent address on file.

Have more questions about billing and fees?

Please contact the Student Accounts Office at Truman State University, (660) 785-4074, or visit the Student Accounts Office in McClain Hall 105 (open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).

More FAQs

General FAQs about the TruMACC Program