Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some questions we often receive from students participating in the TruMACC Transition Program.

No. You are only required to complete the admission application for one school as well as a TruMACC Supplement Form (PDF).

Yes. Students will benefit the most from the TruMACC experience if they take advantage of living on campus. Support, social life, and campus connections provide greater opportunity for success and it’s a whole lot of fun!

Learn more about housing on the Truman campus >

Truman provides two residence hall cafeterias— Missouri Hall and Ryle Hall. Additionally, Main Street Market in the Student Union Building provides another dining option. All residence hall students are required to have a meal plan. Students who live off campus may choose to purchase a meal plan.

Learn more about Residence Life >

You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the Truman and MACC campuses. Kirk-Tran is the public transit service for the City of Kirksville. The MACC campus is .89 miles from the Truman campus so biking or walking are also options.

You will have an academic advisor at both Truman and MACC:

  • Your Truman advisor’s office is in the Center for Academic Excellence (660 785-7403).
  • Your MACC advisor is at the Kirksville site (660 665-0345).

You can schedule an advising session by contacting either office.

You will enroll for your first semester in the TruMACC Program during a joint Summer Orientation session in June. During subsequent semesters, you will meet with your advisors and follow regular enrollment procedures at both institutions.

Yes. Unless your chosen major requires you to complete prerequisites that Truman does not offer, your advisor will work with you to design a plan that includes major courses at Truman.

Yes. TruMACC students have access to all of Truman’s student organizations and activities with the exception of NCAA intercollegiate athletics.

Yes. All student services and extracurricular activities (except NCAA athletics) offered at MACC and Truman are available to TruMACC students.

No. Because you are not degree-seeking until you transition fully to Truman, you will not be eligible for NCAA athletics.

No. You’re required to earn a combined 2.75 grade point average each semester with no grade lower than a C at either institution, but your GPA at both institutions does not need to be a 2.75. Completion of the TruMACC program with the stated academic requirements guarantees admission to Truman as a transfer student.

In order to retain guaranteed admission to Truman, students are required to earn a grade of C or higher in each non-elective course that fulfills an A.A. requirement and maintain a cumulative combined 2.75 grade point average. Credits earned with a grade of D may only be used as electives toward the Associate of Arts degree.

It depends on your particular situation. You must consult with an academic advisor before making any changes in your course schedule. Be aware a reduction of your course load at either institution may result in a change to your financial aid.

Credits earned previously that can be counted toward your Associate of Arts at MACC and/or your Bachelor’s degree at Truman will still apply, but grades earned previously will not count toward the TruMACC requirements of a 2.75 GPA.

If you complete the TruMACC program but fail to meet the GPA requirement, you may still apply for admission at Truman as a transfer student, but admission is not guaranteed.

In many cases, your advising appointments will be held jointly (you and both advisors) and in other cases your advisors will share advising and progress report information.

The Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA Student) is required if you wish to apply A+ funding toward MACC tuition. You must list MACC’s code (002491) on the FAFSA. It is recommended you also list Truman’s code (002495).

TruMACC students pay the respective tuition and fee charges at both institutions.

Yes, as long as you enroll in at least 12 credits per semester at MACC between both institutions. A+ funding cannot be applied to Truman tuition and fees.

Yes. It is possible to enroll in summer classes at either Truman and/or MACC. You will need to enroll in a minimum of 6 hours at MACC between both institutions to use A+ funding. A+ funding cannot be applied to Truman tuition and fees.

Because the TruMACC academic schedule is rigorous, part-time work is discouraged.

Yes. You will receive a bill from both institutions.

Yes. Payment arrangements may be made at both institutions and must be managed separately.

Yes. The transfer of academic information will be coordinated by your academic advisors on both campuses. TruMACC students will be asked to sign an Authorization to Charge to Student Account form in order for MACC to release any unused funds at MACC.

No. TruMACC students do not pay to have transcripts transferred back and forth between the two institutions.

Typical TruMACC students will enter the program as new first-year students. Transfer students may opt in to the TruMACC program on a case-by-case basis.

More FAQs:

Truman Student Accounts FAQs